Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Caterham Register

Matthew Newton

Many owners clubs have vehicle registers, but not the L7C? I've seen on many blatchat threads registers discussed for specific mechanical 7 variants (ie FireBlade or 1600VX), but not a general register

Although registration of 7 details should be down to owners discretion; it would be very useful to be able to verify a cars history prior to purchase etc....

Ali / BRG 1400 SS on the loose! *tongue*

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking this - an excellent idea *thumbup*

Certainly you could probably have several main catagories (Ford XF, Rover, Ford Duratec, ike engined cars, Other (BMC, Toyota, Mazda engined etc). We would need to set up a register system (I would be happy to do the Ford Crossflow register for example *cool*). It would also help on the forums (tech talk for example) where the categorisation of cars would make it much easier to search/post for (although I accept that the search option works well *thumbup* *thumbup*).

The verifying of cars/history/provenace is also a great idea *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

King Clam Of Clam Hill!

Photos here

• Area Representative

As I said before.

Great idea but surely the register should be somewhere within The Club site and organisation?

(As should other sub-registers of all of our cars?)

I am still of the same opinion.

Yes a reigister but I fail to understand why one would want to split off with separate forums. For me the strength of The Club is the togetherness, the union. If this idea is popular and can strengthen The Club, that is great. If it offers an alternative, then I think it is a bad idea.

We have had the Superlight Register

We had R300.net which started and the site became infected (no reflection on the site, neccesarily.

We even have Caterham21.com and the 21slist.net *tongue*

There are separate mailing lists at se7ens.net

And some separate message boards in parts of the UK.

It's becoming terribly "Life of Brian"

I repeat, i am not neccesarily opposed, but my concern would be that these weaken The Club, which needs strength.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

My original thought was a fully inclusive register would be the only way to go...all it would need is a new section within your Blatchat Profile for your 7's spec, owner history, mods and race history / wins *wink*.

The data would only be entered / controlled by the Current owner & therefore no one individual would need to thump in the data; also a disclaimer ( & tick box) to allow the Club to collate the data as the L7C register and publish via 'WikiTech' in a Read Only format. *smokin*

If a search facility was added, then owners could filter the Register to there own needs - if really required!

Ali / BRG 1400 SS on the loose! *tongue*

Edited by - Matthew Newton on 12 Mar 2009 14:15:14