Click here if you are having website access problems ×

I can't watch iPlayer in France......

Wile7

The answer is to move to the UK and pay a licence fee. Then you can watch Iplayer.

*smile*

To be serious I have read that the Beeb are dealing with the copyright issue so as to allow worldwide viewing.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Thanks Norm *thumbup* It seems a bit bizzare that the Beeb who aspire to be a worldwide corporation regarding media etc. are not able to make something like iPlayer more accessible around the globe. Could be a good money spinner for them I would have thought *thumbup*

Dave Ardley. White Xflow with Clams

The Bearded Clams

King Clam Of Clam Hill!

NEW Updated Photos here

Find a friend who has a server in the uk - ask for remote access to it - then use the server to watch iplayer....

My home server will be available after I have tested it in May - so will report back if it works.

MarkC

Not sure if you think £292 is too much for a PVR. I bought the new Humax Freesat PVR and, together with a new 42" lcd screen it's amazing. HD is good but the "normal" picture upscaling is so good that it's difficult to tell the diference.

We have (well HM has) dozens of films recorded and we're still only using 2 or 3 percent of the disc.

It annoys me that Sky sell you a box (sky +) and then wnat to charge £9.99 per month to use it for Freesat. Or can a friend of mine get a card for a one off £20 payment?

From Sky. No subscription required - unless you want one?

It is only a freesat card - but the Foxsat PVR sounds better as you will get HD (and you don't need a card).

You will then need the minimum of a 60cm dish installed.

Sky do a package for £75 here where you pay once and watch forever. However, if you already have a box, you don't need most of it - and it includes installation.

Only dead fish go with the flow....!

Kev, I've got one of the first batch of the Humax Foxtat PVR. It does all it says it can but the best thing about it is the upscaling of "normal" transmissions. The HD is, of course, excellent but the non HD is very close behind.

When I first set it up (takes 10 minutes) I called HM and switched BBC HD on. She was standing about 6 ft from the (42") screen and physically jumped back when it came on. The nature programmes are so much better for it.

It's only downfall is the remote control. It only works if pointed directly at the unit and is very slow to react.

I would recommend it if you watch a lot of TV. Actually we only watch in the winter nowadays. When we were in the UK I hardly watched at all as I was in the pub most nights.

A friend of mine has just cancelled his £57 pm Sky sub and wanted to watch freesat on his Sky + box. Sky have told him the only way to do that is to pay £9.99 pm subscription to use the sky + box for freesat.