Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Burnt spark plug.

Baz Hemsley

crossflo 1700 Arrowsport engine.Approx 165bhp. Over the last 3 weeks on 2 occasions, at short sustained speed at 100 plus no.1 cylinder spark plug, (NGK BP7ES) has seriously burnt-out. I think it may be caused by fuel starvation caused by having the wrong fuel pump fitted. It is a Facet solid state electric pump no.FAC40105 Would this be the problem, and should a FAC40106 or even a FAC40147. Or just look for air leaks, but is only no. 1 pot. *confused* *smokin*

I recall the facet pumps going through a spate of failures so everyone went webcon instead.

I agree about it not likely being the pump though if the other cylinders are ok. More likely the engine is running lean generally. Are all the main jets the same? Have you considered the possibility of an air leak on just that cylinder - new o rings reqd?

no.6

Hi, I had a similar problem with my sons crossflow ,melted one plug, so we put in another.

Week later i observed him forming a blue smokescreen up our road, he melted the piston! So make sure you are not running lean or it will soon be time to remove the engine *cry*

RICHARD JONES