Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sealing SLR 4 - 1 exhaust

Ivaan

Pull the collector off the primaries, carefully smear a thin layer of clear silicone around the end inch of the primaries, not too thick - you don't want it ending up in the cat !! Post them back together - slides easily !! Wipe off excess. Job done. Loads of threads on this. You can buy a device that makes the primaries a bit fatter at the ends, but for quick, easy and cheap, clear silicone. Don't need much at all !

Following some work on my cylinder head over the winter i've assembled my primaries with a smear of red RTV 106. Its a heat resistant silicon we use in aviation. Sure you can buy it on the street however if you need a tube give me a shout i'm sure i could sort some out for you.

I did note however that my primaries never had and sealent or such like when i took it all a part. Seemed to get through the last MOT ok without any.

Gordon.

• Support Team

Careful - it is possible that silicone can foul the catalytic converter and can affect the lambda sensor.

If it's on'y fitted for the MOT then I guess not such a big deal but it could end up failing the emissions test.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Shaun_E on 13 Feb 2009 16:15:45