Click here if you are having website access problems Γ—

Fridgedoor...

Myles

• Area Representative

Myles

I don't know about your style of Seven photography but I would make a couple of general observations regarding the subject.

If Tony isn't selecting your current submissions...

- Are you sending too many/to few? If you are sending him a load, does he have time to search through them. I get the impression you send lots (I apologise if this is mistaken)

- Are you sending complete images or pre-cropping them? How about selecting a small number and cropping to the shape you prefer/think is more interesting.

- Should you look at modifying your style to give him something different? I only suggest this because I looked at the centre spread in this months LF and thought that, the NΓΌrburgring pictures were technically great but emotionally uninvolving and (frankly) dull in visual terms. The same applies to or the pix from Cadwell Park. The car could have been parked up or photoshopped on the background. We're picturing cars, motion and speed are the terms which come to mind here and few of the pictures in LF convey that.

The cover picture does - to an extent although I think it's appeal lies in the suprise but it does have a decent element of movement in it. Other than that the only picture which conveys some emotion is the Caterham "Drive / own / race" advert(P12).

I should add: in the winter there are obviously far, far fewer Sevens in motion than during the summer!

I hope you get some pix in soon.

Β 

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

Who said anything about *that* Fridgedoor? *confused*

Β 

While we're on the subject though... *tongue*

Β 

He's got a couple of discs from last year - but the actual number of images is quite low as I try to discard the 'so-what?' images.

Β 

I can't complain too much given the coverage of Kris's Finnish 7 on ice last year, but a trickle through the 'door would keep my enthusiasm up *smile*

Β 

πŸ™†πŸ» πŸ™†πŸ» πŸ™†πŸ» πŸ™†πŸ» πŸ™†πŸ»

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosseβ„’

Β 

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Is that bathroom leak not fixed yet

Β 

It is, but the floor hasn't completely dried yet - especially under the lino that I can't raise due to the way it was laid.

Β 

I reckon that tap had some kind of special Scottingland water in it. Normal water wouldn't lurk in quite the same way, I'm sure 😬

Β 

Alcester Racing

7s Ecosseβ„’

Β 

Alcester-Racing-Sevens.com

Serious discussion in The Sheds *eek*

Β 

I email Tony links to my Picasa albums as I add them - he then gets back to me with any he is interested in and I email back the relevant hi res jpegs - saves me sending loads of speculative pics (by email or cd) and its pretty quick and simple for Tony to fly through the album and pick the shots that are of interest to him.

Β 

Every now and again he does drop one of my pics onto the Fridge Door - sometimes up to a year after being submitted

Β 

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy - now looking at things from a slightly different perspective.