Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Mangled at CC Dartford on Saturday

myothercarsa2cv

Saw a seven with a lot of front end damage and a smashed windscreen at Dartford, awaiting repair or insurance assessment, hope you weren't badly hurt, looked quite messy.

Also an orange one on a trailer outside CC Dartford. Looked smart *wavey*

Hm. All my spots are at the factory... Coincidence? I also went to heathrow and back today and saw nothing interesting on the roads at all. Most interesting car all day was a DB9, and every man and his dog has one of those it seems...

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

You mean you didn't notice K800 RUM at CC Dartford John? Smashed front nose cone & nearside front wheel at a jaunty angle *rolleyes* I heard today from the ever efficent Sharon that my insurance has accepted the estimate & repair starts soon *smile*

I'll have it back for the better weather & I'll try not to break it in the future 😳

On the subject of DB9's, see lots around Sevenoaks but as for the Aston dealer at Riverhead & the Maranello Ferrari dealership at the Bat & Ball word is that tumbleweed can be seen blowing through the showroom *cry*

Edited by - Martin Jeffrey on 9 Feb 2009 19:55:13

Didn't see the plate Martin, sorry - I think it was somewhere behind the radiator!!!

Hope it was nothing worse than a bit of bent metal. It looked like an elephant had sat on your front right, what did you hit?!

Plenty of passenger seats if you need a fix before it's back!

John

I think you may have been looking at another car John as the damage to mine is "relatively" minor. The front right was untouched , the nose & front nearside wheel dug into an earth bank following losing the back end on some black ice. Sharon says I'm one of many who have said "they won't chance it on icy days again" *rolleyes*

Thanks for the offer of a seat & I may take you up on the offer but my car should be home middle to late March. Why were you at the factory? Is it regarding the painting of your ally tub? Martin *thumbup*

Edited by - Martin Jeffrey on 10 Feb 2009 20:05:54

Ah yes Ian put me straight this evening - not your car!

Nope, only picking it up after getting my (hopefully last) diff. Also some new temp senders as I was getting some odd readings. All good now! I hope.

Gr the paint issue is wreaking havoc in my head...

John