Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Offer to Club Members - Car Ramp System

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

I have been contacted by Stuart of Levo-Artis Ltd with a Blatchat discount offer here, they are a company offering a range of vehicle ramp/lift systems.

Please note that I have no personal connection to Stuart and/or Levo-Artis and I will not be receiving any additional discount as a result of posting this on Blatchat. The website contains all relevant weight/dims and information.

Please Note: I am also aware that “BillyBoy” also has an offer for a lift system running on BC at present. I have spoken to Bill prior to going ahead with this offer and we discussed the fact that the two systems are at different price points – he does not have a problem with this offer being posted.

I have some pictures illustrating the use of the system - I will add these shortly.

Stuart has outlined his principle terms below:

Rog

Levo – Artis Ltd offer:

I can offer a discount for a bulk buy across our entire range of 15%. This is to include all periphery items such as Cross Bridges and Lift Beams. This discount based on 5 or more people declaring an interest. Each order will be taken separately with no penalty imposed if all transactions don’t come to fruition. I have found this works well for everyone on previous bulk buys with other Forums.

The 1000/1350kg systems would be £480.93 inclusive of vat.

The 2000kg system would be £575.75 inclusive of vat.

All other prices on options can be worked out as follows: (list price x 0.85) giving a 15% reduction x 1.15 for vat). In each instance this will give a price less than a vat free price!

Delivery prices would be as currently shown on the web site with no additional vat added for this offer. i.e. £68.50 for the 2000kg and £55.00 for the 1000 or 1350kg systems.

The systems are high quality with all aluminium and stainless steel construction and are ‘extremely’ stable with a vehicle in place – they are destructive tested to 3.7 times SWL.

What do you need?

Not all customers require all wheels off at the same time as some remove one wheel at a time jacking from the ramps, so whether you need additional items depends largely on your requirements. Most people also go for the 2000kg system either due to the easier lift using trolley jacks or for versatility for use with other cars. I recommend the basic system is purchased first before deciding on your specific needs.

Our vehicle specific lift beams are designed to allow full strip downs and in conjunction with the main systems give unrivalled all round access. Lift Beams can be adjusted to specific individual requirements if required usually at no additional cost.

As an ongoing offer (if Blatchat can cater with publicising such a deal) I am prepared to offer further bulk buys at the same discount and also individual sales at a 10% discount until further notice.

All general questions to stu@levo-artis.com

Edited by - RogNeedham on 8 Feb 2009 20:47:23

I have looked at these before; they seem to be a good solution for a smaller garage. A small adaption might be good to add the ability to winch the car onto the ramps.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has got one and if anyone has tried the additional lifting beams with a Seven *confused*

Just had the following through from Stuart:

Our offer to the club for ramp systems wasn't supposed to draw criticism for our systems by someone speculating they are unsafe! This is grossly unfair as our systems are fully safety tested and ultimatly as stable as if the vehicle was on the ground. All our customers know this, including blatchat members, along with owners of Austin DB's, E types, Classic Roll's and countless other exotic restorations.

Thanks and best regards,

Stu Sonley

Levo-Artis Ltd

I think it looks an interesting system. I'd like to look at getting one. But I was with Stephen on the question of the stability of beams on axle stands.

So for example if you had a 7 up(!) on the beams with the wheels off torquing up the rear hubs, how stable would it be? Is that within its design parameters?

Graham

So for example if you had a 7 up(!) on the beams with the wheels off torquing up the rear hubs, how stable would it be? Is that within its design parameters?

Think the question has already been answered above:-

........ultimatly as stable as if the vehicle was on the ground

• 4 weeks later...
Yes, I would like to have that explained. Looking at the frontal photograph it looks to me as if a sideways force of about 30% of the weight of the car+ ramps would potentially topple the towers unless the towers are cross-linked. This, of course, is true of axle stands also.

Used garage 2 posters are going for about £500 - £650 at the moment. Unfortunatly there are plenty about.

I fitted our first 2 poster in 1970 and then went on to replace as many of the 4 posters in the group as possible.

They are the perfect hoist for the narrow 7.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Hi Folks

as can be seen from the above link, I've had Stu's ramp system (2000kg) for about 18 months now.

All I can say is that I've never had a problem with instability, and it has allowed me to do alot of jobs on the 7 that I previously couldn't.

The great thing is that you can just leave the ramps in place and park the 7 up them- just lift the rear when you need to. However, when going out, I do tend to just roll the car down the ramps and let fluids settle for a few minutes before starting up from cold.

Hope this helps,

Graham