Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Speedo drive & LSD

phill brigstock

Hi folks

AS a beginner trying to restore my 95 1400 Supersport.

I've got the 6 speed box & can anyone tell me please the correct fittings to drive the cable which goes to the speedo? Do I need the right angle "bit". Also the drive cable has no "inner" - I assume it should have & so I need a new one? I've got a photo of the out put from the gearbox but I can't work out how to post it in this message - any advice?

Also my LSD seems to have a small leak - (again I've got photo but can't show it) is this common? Should I get it sorted or live with it? Cant see how to top up the diff?

Any help much appreciated.

Phill

Can't help you with the speedo but for the diff top up have a lookhere.

Before you get too excited about the diff leaking, check it has a breather hose fitted otherwise oil could well be escaping from there.

For the photo, you'll have to put it on a photo web site like Picassa or Webshots and then use the link button at the top of the message.

Good luck!

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Edited by - Neil1202 on 3 Feb 2009 12:39:04

Thanks guys

It has a breather extending below the diff case so as its oily around the RHS driveshaft seal area I assume thats the problem. BC Archives suggest its always the RHS - wonder why? Anyway I'll think whether to clean it up & monitor the loss or bite the bullet & replace the seal - looks a bit tricky for a tyro!

I'm told my speedo drive is the square type with the right angle gizmo soo I can tackle that now.

Thanks for all your help.

Phill