Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

1.4K Supersport MEMS ECU

The_ASH

Has anyone got one of these lying around ? If so I think I need one for a '94 1400SS. Present one insists on not wanting to idle at the correct rpm either too high or too low thus hunting in anti-stall mode. Have replaced the temp sensor and throttle body, other suggestions greatfully accepted etc etc. Alternatively does anyone know of anyone who can repair ECU's ?

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

I suppose the other slightly more expensive alternative would be to fit an emerald ECU for now and then move on to throttle bodies (or do the whole thing at once). It would be rather nice to have 100hp per litre on cheap road tax (kind of a four wheeled two fingered gesture at the chancellor). Anyone got any experience of this on a 1.4k.

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

if you don't go for the emerald then it should be fairly easy to get a 1.4 K SS ECU. there was a change in regs for the 750MC series which allowed 1600 K SS cars to run. I know of 3 ppl who made the switch and so might have a 1.4 K SS ECU spare.

I'll put a word in and see what i can come up with...

Dave Hooper - dmch2@lineone.net

If U could put a word in that would be most kind of U. Most relieved to get a reply from someone, thought I might be on my own with this, the most irritating of won't go away type problems !

Ashley Webster.

1400 Supersport

• 2 weeks later...

The Emerald would be my choice due to its programmable nature.

As Ash correctly states you can then put throttle bodies or Piper Cams or (I imagine) a roller barrell throttle? I also would be very interested to hear from anyone who has done something similar.

• 1 month later...