Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VX dry sump system

Mike C

I am contemplating selling on my VX dry sump system and will know for sure by the end of the weekend.

Up for sale will be a complete system, consisting of every component that you need to convert a 2.0vx from wet sump to dry.

All components are brand new, still wrapped and all supplied by Caterham. In summary, this includes:

Caterham sump, filtres, inner spacers and o rings

Caterham scavenge pump (titan)

Front crank pulleys (both of them) and belt

Brize (caterham) sump tank 6.5"

very expensive hoses and all elbows.

Very difficult to get hold of now and costs a fortune!!!

About £1500 worth

Selling for a lot less than I paid at £1100 complete.

may split if enough interest.

Mike 07770 968944

Mike 07770 968944

Mike C

No longer K9 JPE

FWIW

Caterham do not stock the VX dry sump pan and Titan are understandaby reluctant to make in small batches so effectively they are now unobtainable ! When I wanted one recently the only place I could find one was Germany (you don't want to know what it cost !).

Ex Chairman Roger

I would love to buy this lot for my car but this years upgrade budget has been allocated already ☹️

Will talk with SWMBO to see if there is any hope in getting an advance on next years upgrade budget 😬

Will be back in touch later if I get good news.

Hi Andy,

Would rather sell as a complete system, but would seperate if enough interest in other bits.

Sump, if available is nearly £500 from Caterham, with the spacer, o ring, adapters and scavange filters. I'd be asking £400 and it's all still in its Caterham plastic wrapping.

Regards

Mike

Mike C

No longer K9 JPE

I read the earlier post that one can't buy these anymore, but then you say if available they're £500 from CC.

Mine is already DS and I was only looking for a spare sump, as mine is rather battle scared, if it was cheap enough.

Drop me a blatmail if you do want to sell it in the future, and it's below 400.

Thanks,

Andy

White road legal 2.0 HPC VX race car 😬

I know of a number of QED/SBD sumps in use with no problems.

I wanted the Caterham sump because I wanted to replace like for like. I have however HEARD of oil cooling problems with some aftermarket sumps used on Caterhams (Marius in Germany). I stress that I have not experienced this.

Having managed to have my sump repaired (much to my amazement), my German sourced sump is now my spare so I currently have no need for another.

I wonder what the owners of "collection" JPE's in Japan will think if they are asked to fit non original sumps ?

Titan will only make for Caterham.

Edited by - ECR on 29 Jan 2009 20:46:55

If there was enough interest I know a good pattern maker, foundary, machine shop etc that could design a new sump that could work as a direct replacment *cool*.

It may be worth considering in the future if Caterham will not contract Titan to make some more.

Guy