Click here if you are having website access problems ×

LSD Lube Guard

Chris F

I've had my driveshafts out so will need to top up the diff oil. Caterham Parts Online says that you need LSD Lube Guard with the diff oil if you have an LSD but I've never heard of this being mentioned before. What does it do and is it necessary?

Chris

It's stuff you add to the normal diff oil to make it LSD friendly.

If you get the oil Ford recommend for plate type LSDs (which is what R&R recommend you use) you don't need additive. . . . there's plenty about this in the archives.

For a top-up after taking the driveshafts out, I doubt it will need much as long as the car was level. Assuming it was . . . I'd just top up with normal stuff unless you have some Ford stuff handy.

• Support Team

I've got some of the Ford oil to go in my new diff but I can't remember the part number. I found the number "1121457" in a search of the archives but I would need to check the bottle when I get home tonight.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Hi Chris, I used the stuff discussed here

I may have some left over in the garage which you're welcome to, would need to check first though! I know I don't have enough for a complete change, but I might be able to sort you out for a top up.

Neil

Where am I?

Shaun, ifyou could check the bottle and let me know that would be useful.

Neil, that could be good although I have a slight hesitancy if it is very different to what is already in it. (Having said that I don't know what is in it as I've not touched it since I bought the car!)