Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.8 k series engine

Slider7

Wanted for engine project: complete 1.8 k series engine or bottom end.

Must be in good working order without any problems ... preferably unmodified & low mileage ... out of a Caterham.

Anybody out there upgrading to Duratec power *confused* 😬

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

I have a very low, mileage standard unmodified cylinder head from a 1.8K, about 3,800 miles on the clock before Oily removed it and replaced it with a beast of a head. Let me know if you want a head, complete with std roadsport 140 cams and pulleys.

Steve

Now with DVA Power! 191bhp and 150.9 lbft torque.

My Pictures

Got a stripped / cleaned bottom end sitting on my engine stand which has been awaiting inspiration - its from an 2003 1.8. Actually came from a MGF but have all the bits to build into Caterham format - including sump / pickup / clutch / fly / water rails / crank / rods / pistong / bell housing / various exhausts etc etc etc. Engine was very clean and no evidence of any heating problems.

PM if interested?

Help … there’s a hijack in my own wanted thread *eek*

Are K-series heads becoming rare ???

Anyway, thanks for the offer Steve *thumbup*, but I'm afraid I really do need a bottom end since I already have a (new & shiny) MS2 VHPD head ...

Would consider a full engine if no one has a good bottom end, but just a head is of no use.

Geoff, you should have blatmail *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Got it ... and have also responded in the meantime *wink*

Thx for the link - must say that it's very tempting to go 'all new' 😬

Anybody knows whether this is a good price for what’s being offered ?

Steve T : you should have BM *wink*

Geoff : sorry to hear about the snow interfering with your plans ... still interested in a price guide regarding the parts you have on offer *wink*

Thanks for that Cagey *wink* - have just bought one 😳

So now already have a new (bare) MS2 VHPD head, (bare) block & crank - other items will be sourced from the ever helpful Oily *smile*

*wavey*

Thx for the offer David, but I'm going to fit BP285H cams.

Don't think that S/S cams can make 200 bhp ... even not in a VHPD head.

• 2 weeks later...