Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2CV For Sale

Krismuss

On behalf of a colleague (knowing there's a few 2CV 'nuts' [enthusiasts?] on BC)

1987 2CV Bamboo (the bright green one)

Rebuilt, nice condition, MOT & Tax till April

£2500.oo

Selling to fund a Citroen Ami restoration........ *confused*

Can't vouch for it myself though I would say that as a passenger going down Gravel Hill (Warlingham) it's possible the only car that's scared me more than the 1st passenger ride out in my BBird.

Update...

Ed's had a change of heart and the 2CV is no longer for sale and funnily enough in answer to Tim's question (well sort of), Ed reckons 40mph in the 2CV in 2nd gear just before the curvy bit starts (not convinced myself but have no desire to be proven wrong).

Chris

Glad it got removed from sale... My parents would kill me if I got another. I lurve Bamboos. 2nd gear topped out is 40mph, should be good for any but the steepest hills.

2.5k is about right sadly, no longer a cheap runaround unless you're good at welding VERY thin sheet. I need a new exhaust on mine, and the CRB is buggered ☹️ I only just changed the gearbox. Serves me right for not doing this while it was out I guess. Once it's all done, if anyone wants a REALLY scary ride... 😬

John

Bugsy: '82 2cv6 (Back on the road!!! 😬)

Talloulah: '08 1.6K Classic (Grubby )

Nooooooo...

I have enough trouble keeping one on the road! However, if the body is in good nick, could be a goodun for my future space frame v8 2cv 😬 😬 😬 that will probably never happen ☹️

Tell me where it is!!!

No don't!!!

[schitzo smiley]

John

I had 2 both new: 1982 (white) & 1988 (white & red). The 1st car was built in France & the 2nd in Portugal. In terms of build quality the 1st was definitely the better of the two; the Portuguese car came with built in rust from day 1 resulting in a few replacement body panels under warranty.

Picnic anyone? No need to take chairs just slide front & rear seats out in minutes!

Central locking sir? All door locks can be easily reached from the driver's seat!

Theft protection sir? Most mentally challenged car thieves (so that's most of them) can't understand the push-me-pull-me gear change!

My kids used to sit in the back seat & poke windmills up through the sunroof! Great memories of a trip to Beaulieu Motor Museum.

Did the London/Brighton 2CV run in 1989: great fun!

It's the only car that can be driven to it's full potential on the public road without breaking speed limits!

It's the only car that can be driven to it's full potential on the public road without breaking speed limits!

Errr... Mannie my local mechanic in Bristol got a speeding ticket for 75mph in a 50 once... That was in his 'souped' up Dyane though, better aero pack on that one 😬

So Chris, where is this abandoned one? Might go have a look...

John

Iv'e had 3, the last 2 with 650 Visa barrells and pistons, lightened flywheel and Citroen GSA double valve springs, lowered, 135!!! section michelins(up from 125!!) no silencer(think Triumph Bonneville at full chat!) Bright(very) porsche metalic Blue. would do 70mph in 3rd, seriously and off the clock in top. ABSOLUTELY the most laughs ive had in ANYTHING, 7 included(sorry). I would have another tomorrrow..... not for £2500 tho.. blimey..

they do tend to snap in half when you take hump back bridges at 70 tho 😬.

Trotsky. N7HPC