Click here if you are having website access problems ×

85 m.ile walk in 24Hrs

psoffe

In June I will be walking the Clerical and Medical Parish Walk. This is an annual event that takes place on the Isle of Man.

Starting at 8am on Saturday morning the event runs for 24Hrs finishing at 8am on Sunday. This is a major undertaking requiring a reasonably brisk walking pace of about 3.5mph for 24hrs straight.

I am therefore aiming to raise a substantial sum for NTL and two other charities.

To make a donation you can visit:

www.justgiving.com/psoffe2 for donations to Leukemia Research

www.justgiving.com/psoffe3 for donations to Breakthrough Breast Cancer.

www.justgiving.com/psoffe for donations to St Christophers Hospice

I guess that it is also ok to send a donation through the normal NTL chanels although I have not asked if this is ok yet, anyone from the management watching?

I hope you can give generously,

Paul Soffe

psoffe@hotmail.com

Now know that you can send a cheque see note below from Rachael Sangha:

If people want to send donations directly, then that is fine, cheques should be made payable to “Leukaemia Research” and sent to me at: Nuke the Leuk, PO Box 585, Cambridge, CB1 0FN.

• 1 month later...

Thanks to those who helped with putting in links.

Training now in full swing, gym before work two days a week and Sat morning and out for a 20 mile walk Sunday. *smile*

Donations still stalled! Not a single donation from anyone in the club. ☹️

HELP!!!!

I know the feeling. Same over here (as with previous trips I did trying to raise money for the LRF). Only a handful of members will respond despite plenty of media attention in Low Flying and on this forum. Do not let this get to you, just persist in your quest of finding sponsors for your event. Try local shopkeepers and colleagues at work.

Personally I would stick to just one charity per event. Too many might perhaps confuse people.

Cheers,

Jan S.

Caterham Super Seven

Ford 2.0 Zetec (Mustard Yellow)

http://www.justgiving.com/jansmit

• 2 months later...

Just found this thread ... it is rather lost down here !!

Trying to donate, but Just Giving site seems to be 'hanging' with the process ? Will persevere !

edit ... sorted ... had to reload page and try again .... fortunately only took the money once !!

Good luck Paul !

Edited by - Stationary M25 Traveller on 2 Jun 2009 11:59:13