Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Lightweight Tonneau cover

Sandy

For Sale on behalf of Ex Sevener

Made from waterproof rip stop material in black, we had 2 of these custom made to suit standard bodied Caterham with tillet ears and half doors.

I use mine and it is very good, would fit inside a can of coke but when deployed is waterproof so keeps the interior dry

I have used with half doors but its also useful when touring with screen and JJ half hood to keep the car dry overnight and deter folk from grabbing any bits and pieces you might leave in the footwells etc.

Gareth never fitted his so available at less than cost - will need poppers fitting to suit

£55 incl postage to uk

Please direct all your queries, dibs etc to;

gareth.harrold@dsl.pipex.com

Hi Stu.

It's not clear now who has got first dibs. When I saw the posting by Sandy it had only just been posted and your posting wasnt on there. That's when I e mailed.

However, Gareth seems to think that you were first.

I suggest that we let Gareth decide and maybe Sandy can post on here to confirm if that's okay with you.

*wavey*

Sold to Roy

The lady who made these up did keep a template so if there is sufficient interest I could approach her to see if she would be willing to make up more for club members?

Cant make any promises but post on here if interested?

I had a lightweight tonneau made by Oxted Trimming to the pattern of the original. As oxted are the OE trimmers it is a very good fit. All the poppers were supplied for me to fit to match up to the studs on my body. As I have lowered floors, The tillet headrest pockets were made up 40mm shorter than normal. A small elastic loop to the rollbar holds to centre of the material into a small "peak" to help the water run off. It also works fine as a half tonneau with the driver's side material tucked down on the passenger seat at speeds well over 100mph - tested in Germany.

I was very pleased with the whole function and appearance of the lightweight tonneau that I soon went back to Oxted for a boot cover in the same material.

As well as looking a bit more high-tech than the deeply grained vinyl, it also saves weight and is easier to keep clean.

P

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬