Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Imobiliser

Peter Griffiths

You could try Julians shop Audiolectrics in macclesfield. Website is www.thompsonsltd.co.uk or ring the shop on 01625 261581 and ask for Julian. If you want to get personal with him you can have his mobile if you mail me/him (julian thompson). He also has his own 7 site at www.btinternet.com/~v11ufo.

If you get offered a CAT2 unfitted, then tell em to jump. CAT approved alarms and immobilisers have to be fitted by a VSIB approved company to be insurance friendly. Audiolectrics is! ;)

Ju's shotgun hopefully... Please Ju! ;)

I have a clifford Cat 2 fitted, it has an aerial looped around the ignition and a small peble shaped black thing hanging from the key ring [light weight].

When the key is placed in the lock and turned to bring the power light on the dash the immobiliser turns off, easy, if you leave it for more than 30 seconds it will re arm itself with the keys in or not, i have the little L.E.D in the middle of the dash and you can see it from a long way away, good security for only £130.

£130 too much? I agree on a basic Fiesta that you don't want/need to spend a lot but £250 wouldn't be too much on a 7 if it meant the fitter spent ages stripping the loom and doing crafty cuts in inaccessible places. Remember how basic the 7 is without the K immobiliser - you could hotwire it with a wet five pound note!

We only sell basic ones for £99 because the market says we have to!