Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Hopefully a Class1 Newbie

AndyBram

Hi All,

After watching David Lynch and Greg P at Harewood last year I'm going to give a couple of events a go on a budget this year. 😬

The cars a 1.6k Roadsport 'B' currently on Avon CR500's. I've got a spare set of 13" rims and it seems like Yoko A539's are what I should be on. I just wondered what peoples thoughts were?

The best price I've found so far is £175 delivered from George Polley unless there's a set lurking in a garage somewhere? *redface*

Cheers

Andy

*idea* Mainly Red, apart from the bits that are Black. Piccies *idea*

Hi Andy, would be good to see you on track this year!

I'm on A539's too, great service from George Polley, delivery within 24 hours. If you get desperate for 1A tyres, I've got a set of CR322s that you're welcome to but I'm sure you can do better than that!

I'm not sure my performance at Harewood last year should have inspired anybody but glad it did! Which events are you thinking of doing?

Greg

Thanks for the welcome everyone *wavey*

As Matthew says it's the Curborough test day! Followed hopefully by the Curborough event in May.

Greg - thanks for the offer, very kind. I've got a couple of places who're going to ring me back early next week but I think Mr Polley may be getting a call *cool*

Andy

Not sure what your 13 inchers are but I have a set of 14 inch minilites already fitted with A539s I was intending to sell the A539s and keep the 14 inchers but but if you are interested we may be able to do a deal around me having the 13 inch wheels and you having the 14 inch wheels and tyres?

I'll send you an e mail separately with my contact details if you want to discuss and in any event, I'll see you at the Curborough mainly classoneorangecar test day.

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Neil,

In addition to Malcolm’s offer, I won't be far away if you need any help cleaning mud/grass off your car in between 'offs'. I wouldn’t want to assume that all four wheels off is likely only once per run (we all remember Anglesey...the highlight of the season in so many ways...) 😬.

Jon

Jon, Malc

Thanks for the generous offer, shame you waited 3 months. 😬

ISTR at the time you were both as much use to me as chocolate teapots because you were so busy laughing.

Fortunately that nice Mr Price did a wheel alignment check for me so Andy, whatever impression Jon and Malc give, there aresome really helpful people in the championship 😳 *tongue* 😬

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Evening All,

Neil, I'm sure you're right *thumbup* but I think I'd better go and buy a car cleaning kit as I've no idea if mine prefers the grass or tarmac yet. Also maybe a pair of ear defenders (for the banter) 😬 😬

Here's to having a good grin in between the bits where a "small" (or not in my case) amount of concentration is needed.

Cheers

Andy

no, well i dont have the threaded collars. the dampers have a number of notches on them and a platform that appears to be at one of these notch settings, no idea if that can be altered.

is the height drop an issue going from CR322's to A539's without changing the suspension settings?

Andy

1999 VX1600 Classic - andysteele.net - picasa albums - driving in marigolds