Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Damaged cage, only front needed

John Gaines

• 1 month later...

John,

Seller on Ebay has a few cages. I suggest you send a message saying what you're after as they may have something suitable. Failing that, you may be able to do a deal on one of the straight tube cages (Although they'll likely want to wait for the auction to finish).

Willie

John,

Can you be a bit more precise about what you need? I have a Roadsports cage here in Finland which is surplus and frankly it's unlikely to sell to a UK buyer as the shipping from Finland is almost as much again as these things go for (about 200) However a cut down cage is going to be easier to move, depending on what you need.

Vinnie

Vinnie, the part that I need is the front tube that connects to the chassis and over the wind screen, if possible with the two rear bars going back to the rear frame, but not the rear frame. This would be a rather large odd shaped parcel 😳

The front bar with the top tubes cut off about 30mm back would be ok. I am looking to fabricate an add on to my FIA bar, not for the track but for any deer etc round our country roads. The new bar would bolt on to the front of the chassis where the cage fits and clamp the FIA bar.

Let me know if you have any ideas.

Regards, John

John,

there was a picture in low flying last year of a Japanese car which looked like it had added a front hoop, with removeable fore/aft bars running above the door step, to an FIA bar. No roof diagonal though

I've a dedion car and the tubing on the cage is very different to the FIA bar - the FIA bar is actually heavier than the cage. Diameter is smaller on the cage (32mm dia) though I'm not sure about the wall thickness.

Regards

Ian

John/Vinnie,

(Assuming you're both fairly handy in the workshop). If it helps, the straight tube Arch chassis cages are brazed, so you could heat up each joint with a welding torch then wire brush the brazing off. You should be able to dismantle it quite neatly like this.

Flat pack Cages...now there's a business opportunity.

Willie

• 4 months later...