Click here if you are having website access problems ×

RARE Live axle FIA & petty bar, (SBFS half hood sold)

dalongbloke

Before I stick on EBay...

See photos... I don't know if is the low or high bar (I suspect low). Very good condition, if I was refitting I would powder coat again as minor scratches on diagonal and 11 years of use! Simplicity itself to fit. Complete with telescopic petty bar.

Also UNUSED half hood (mark 2 with window panel) in black from Soft Bits For Sevens, never fitted, complete with unused fittings.

Would prefer to sell as a complete transformation package, but will consider splitting. Delivery not a problem as I have parcelforce facilities (approx £10).

Car is a 97 live axle long cockpit. This FIA bar will NOT fit a deDion car as has no bolts from underneath.

Car from the side: http://i44.tinypic.com/30j2qrq.jpg

From the back: http://i41.tinypic.com/33vdhe0.jpg

I know these beasties are rare, but am not sure how much to ask. Half hood alone is £150 new.

Offers or interest please to me via blatmail or dalongbloke at aol dot com.

Edited by - dalongbloke on 7 Jan 2009 18:17:18

Mmm ... just had a look at those pics (in first post).

Gives the impression to be a different FIA bar then mine ☹️

Dean, over to you *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Hi Miltec... this is the lower bar...

Fellow blatchatter came here tonight to buy my half hood. He had measured his FIA bar which turned out to be identical dimensions to mine and DOES work with a hood.

I never tried a hood with mine, hence I owned the half hood - which I never used anyway.

Please note this bar DOES come with the petty bar... all for £150 (plus postage if needed). All you need is a fitting kit from Caterham (less than a fiver, or supply your own). Cheers Andy

Jingers seems to have dissapeared.. he has first dibs until 10am tomorrow morning.