Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Just why were kilts invented??????

The Village Idiot

It's fecking freezin' here, now if you lived in a place that was normally this cold you wouldn't *nono* wear a skirt to keep you warm, oh no 😔

Gengis Kahn had it right, all the people of the Steppes wore leather and fur to keep them warm, but the Scots, oh yes lets just have a bit of cloth wrapped around our middle and let our knackers be well aired.

It's amazing the Scots survived as a race as you would have thought all the 'tackle' would be frozen beyond use *tongue*

So just why were kilts invented *confused*

Dicks

*wink* 😬

A couple of thoughts on why the Scots wear kilts:

😶‍🌫️please note there is no anti-Scottishness in what follows 😶‍🌫️

1. They like it 'cool', so why bother designing an outer garment with fiddly seams, closure items *eek* and two leggie bits which are difficult to negotiate if you've had a wee dram *tongue*

2. They are proud of their nethers, so any excuse to let it all hang out is fine ba me, laddie

3. They use said nethers as Weapons of Mass Destruction to frighten the weak-knee'd English

4. If you run about with a club or pike or even a dirk shoved in your sock, the adrenaline keeps you warm, so no need for any other form of garment

5. Maybe the Scots are just plain cannie. After all, wearing tight-fitting undergarments is not good for the quality of the necessary item for the creation of new life *smokin*

FH *cool*

Kilts were invented by the WELSH, not the Scots. *eek*

The kilt is a major tool in sheep bothering. There are no zips or buttons to undo. The sound of a zip being unfastened will scare a lamb, whilst the sound of a kilt being lifted is almost undetectable. *smokin*

If seen by a passer-by, the botherer will often claim he's "sharing his kilt with the sheep to keep the poor animal warm" *wink*

Now you know *smile*

If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower 😬

Webshots here

Because the sheep suspect even less if they see what they believe to be a woman walking towards them! *eek*

I suppose you're awaiting your call up to test-drive the latest Scalextric Cagey, must be exciting for you! *tongue*

I'm off fishing now - in the Wye, from a field full of sheep 🥰

If this is paradise, I wish I had a lawnmower 😬

Webshots here

Edited by - Ash Bailey on 4 Jan 2009 09:05:07

If you could afford a garage like mine, you would not be jealous.

So far, it contains a McLaren F1, Bentley Speed 8, McLaren MP4-16, Ferrari F2004 (ex schumacher) to name but a few....

So, if you don't get a bite?

Only dead fish go with the flow....!