Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wind Deflector Kit

TobyCoulson

• Area Representative

Sorry - don't know whether they will fit with the mirrors, but I don't know anyone who has a good word to say about wind deflectors.

I'm sure there are loads stuck in the back of garages. Suggest a post on wanted will probably find lots if you really want some.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional

The wind deflector topic has been done to death on B/C and opinion is polarised. A bit like marmite, you either love em or hate em.

It strikes me that people who love em tend to be short (like me) and taller people tend not to like them.

75% of the miles that we do are done using wind deflectors.

Having said that, I would recommend that you try before you buy.

With regard to fitting mirrors and deflectors, I seen quite a few Se7ens whose owners have fitted the mirrors to the deflectors. They've made very smart jobs of it too and apparently they work really well.

Be Lucky!!

Martin

(Solent Se7ens) M7

Toby,

The simple answer to your question is yes. I have the same pillar mounted mirrors and use the wind deflectors with them. As to the effectiveness of the deflectors, they sure aren't a cure but the difference for me is noticeable. I have experimented by slightly pushing the deflectors outward and doing so increases the effectiveness. Having said that, I have yet to come up with a satisfactory method of keeping them at the most effective angle! *wavey*

I have yet to come up with a satisfactory method of keeping them at the most effective angle!
I understand that if you heat them up (in very hot water, or with a hot air gun) you can bend the bottom edge in at more of an angle to make them stick out more IYSWIM

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬