Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Chassis or bent car

paul jacobs

I'm getting the hankering for another project, and as I already have a few bits and bobs in the garage, what I really need is either a chassis or a written off Seven as a basis for repair and rebuild.

It doesn't really matter what condition, model or year, literally anything considered, but it must be realistically priced please.

Paul J.

Waiting to get my CSR back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU

Paul,

What is a realistic price for a 1997 (R reg) chassis with documets delivered in the UK?

It's off an ex race car so it could do with more than just a polish... To be honest it's not very pretty.

It is straight though...

The chassis is in Denmark, and hence on a "certificate of permanent export", but I have tried before to have a chassis on the roof of my elderly Passat!

There is a few bits that could go with the chassis subject to negotiation such as driveshafts, an open diff, brakes, uprights and a DeDion tube.

No engine, no gearbox, no seats, no fuel tank, no steering rack, no front wishbones and no weather gear.

/regin

I sold my 1998 car recently and have been thinking of perhaps doing the same, as I have an engine that I could use. What is a realistic price for a chassis? I have seen a couple and to be honest I have been put off by the price of a chassis, given all the other parts it would take to build it up. ☹️

If there are any other available chassis out there than drop me a line.

I am still living the dream ☹️ and would like to be out there again having a blat.

Dave

DM

R300 WKD

Hibster,

SDKRDCRR6V

So I would say "CKD (Completeley Knocked Down) not Starter Kit", Rover 1.6

As far as I know there will be no need for a cat in the UK - there is here from 1990!

Edited to add:

First registration on the 22/12/1997

Reg mark R409???

Edited by - RJ on 1 Jan 2009 21:26:54

Ooops,

WRONG... The is not on a certificate of permanent export as I have the registration certificate here! - Must have confused it with my complete car!

Page two has been returned to DVLA, and I remember when I checked the reg mark online it said that the car had been exported.

I also have a certificate of newness which says "kit"

That's all right Ammo, if you want it, no problems, but do let us know how it goes as and when you get going on it *wink*

Thanks Regin, it sounds interesting, but if Ammo is keen please look at his offer first, but don't hesitate to blatmail me if he doesn't have it *thumbup*

Paul J.

Waiting to get my CSR back with it's new and remapped Omex ECU