Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ACF-50 Anti Corrosion Spray

Often in France

I use ACF 50 on my car and have found it very good,if a little pricey *confused*

Its easy to apply and I usually re do it during the winter.

The stuff was developed for the aircraft industry and is used as an anti corrosion treatment.

Where are you Seaside

John.

Dave; genuine question, but if your Scottoiler FS365 is water soluble and you sprayed it on the underside of your car two years ago to protect against corrosion, why hasn't it just washed off?

perhaps he is like me... never drives it in the rain *tongue* *tongue* 😬

For what it’s worth, I have always used Waxoyle…. I had a Lancia Montecarlo which I bought in 1980 and only sold it a few years ago. When I first got it, I sprayed in all the cavities with waxoyle thinned 50/50 with white spirits to get a good soaking and run into all the folds and joints. I then sprayed the underside with some straight out of the tin….

Over the years I did his a few times and the only bits on the car that did eventually rust were the bits I had missed. We all know how bad Lancias rusted!

I had also sprayed around the engine bay on the car, which if I am honest looked a bit of a mess; even though I had used the clear stuff… it attracted the dirt somewhat. When I came to sell the car, I washed the old waxoyle off with some white spirits… even though it had been on there 25 years it came off fairly easily! The engine bay came up like it was a new car! There was no rust in any of the seams; brackets, engine mountings still had the paint on them, it came up a treat! The new owner thought the car had been restored!

It’s a product I have come to trust, I am sure there are other better products out there but the way it kept that car in good condition for all those years, I have continued to use it….

I love my Elise!

Sorry about the delay in replying.

Due to personal circumstances my car does'nt get a lot of use. It's never out in the wet....ever. I can only recall being caught out in the rain once. The FS365 is easily washed off, but as I stated earlier it's still forming an oily film under the floor of my car. I used the same product on two KTM bikes used through the winter months. It affords very good resistance to salt & moisture. But as I said it is easily washed off & doesn't form a build-up or residue. When the fluid is sprayed on, unlike WD40 for example it doesn't appear to cling or form a film. It looks like you're spraying blue water on the bottom of your car & a lot of it runs off. Having a look the day after application, most of the surplus has dissapeared & all that's left is a thin oily film.

On a bike this would be removed during periodic cleaning. Because I've never washed the underneath of my car the oily film is still there. I put the car off the road in October & considered re-applying the FS365 as I've got a 4.5 litre container of the stuff in my garage. But most of the product I've applied previously is still there. I gave the lower chassis rails where they meet the skin a bit more but for this year that's all that was required.

IMO it's a good product & I'm more than happy to recommend it.

D.