Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Fastenings

Chris F

Having taken the rear end to pieces I am now thinking about putting it back together. I'd like to replace some of the fastenings/bolts/nuts etc.

Is there a list anywhere detailing what size each bolt is. From the assembly guide it only tells you which number bolt it is in which fastening pack but I'd like to buy them separately.

Also where is the best place to get nylon/plastic bolts/nuts for fitting the wheel arches?

Chris

Best thing for attaching wings are M5 nylon set screws - corrosion proof and 'snap' if your wing is hit saving possible damage to the aluminium side skins and reduces weight.

When fitting your new bolts, measure each intalled condition and cut off the bolt to the length where just 1 thread protrudes beyond the nyloc ring in the nut to save weight.

Peter

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

• Support Team

Chris,

I tried this when I rebuilt the backend. Most of my local factors couldn't source some of the items required (unless I bought a box of 200).

IIRC the top shocker mounting allen bolt was hard to find.

Think most bolts are high grade UNF and don't seem to be stocked by most engineering suppliers due to lack of demand.

In the end I bought the fixing kits from CC. I will probably have the part list in the shed somewhere if you want a copy of it.