Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wiring Bullet Cam into 7

RogNeedham

• Leadership Team

The bullet cam I have from motorsport cameras, comes with a battery pack. MSC also sell a cigarette lighter adaptor but as I don't have a connector in the new car - I thought it would be better to 'hard wire' the power to drive the camera.

any suggestions to make the set up easy to take in and out of car. E.g. power supply direct from car wiring to boot for connection to Archos and bullet cam. Mic powered off same system installed under dash(?)

Rog

I would suggest making the power supply switched (preferably on it's own switch). Once more today I went to go out in the Caterham and discovered that since I hadn't turned off the FIA switch, the cameras had drained the battery.

Think I'll add that as a winter project. I used to have the supply switched with the ignition, but this meant that you couldn't set the cameras up without having the ignition on, which was a bit annoying.

I would suggest making the power supply switched (preferably on it's own switch). Once more today I went to go out in the Caterham and discovered that since I hadn't turned off the FIA switch, the cameras had drained the battery.
Still relies on you remembering to turn off the switch 😳

Edited to add, you should run the cameras via a 12v regulator, rather than directly off the battery (the 12v ciggy plug could well have had a regulator built into it).

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬

Edited by - Ian B on 29 Dec 2008 17:39:19