Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Halfords 150 Piece Socket Set Overrated

RoyH

Bought the socket set in early December following the recommendations of a school ( I assume that this is the correct collective noun) of Blatchatters.

Initially everything was fine. Found a use for all the sockets and ratchets except the black sockets and screwdrivers, but rationalised this on the grounds that you cant expect to get the use out of every single piece of kit in a box of this nature.

The 30mm 32mm and 1 1/4 sockets looked particularly good in the living room, mostly because they were placed near some table lamps and sparkled attractivley.

The three ratchets I put in the downstaitrs toilet, with a couple of the smaller sockets.

The rest of the sockets were distributed around the house (my daughter chose not to have any in her bedroom).

So, generally, I was pleased with my purchase.

However, things are starting to turn sour. SWMBO has already started carping on that she hopes I'm going to move them after Christmas. I then realised that, should I pander to her irrational emotions, the kit would return to its hold-all and then what the Hell was i going to do with it?

I didnt buy these things just as Christmas decorations.These were intended as a year round purchase.

Am seriously considering returning the kit to Halfords.