Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Things have changed

KevSull Too

Things have changed in the shed over the past few years, some regulars have been locked out and there seem to be some new boys making a lot of noise, hogging the Beano's and Curly-Wurlys.

Wonder what happened to Hoopy....?

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

• Area Representative

Norman and Kev

It may be because both of you have been absent (or mainly absent) for a long time.

I am sure that Paul must have had his surfing curtailed as I am confident that he posts less frequently than previously.

Wile got a job 😳

Hoopy got married

and Rossybee wandered over to Scottish sites before selling the Seven (I think he is even leaving the Club)

OK so less Chronic Repetitive Autogametic Posting = fewer, shorter threads.

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

• Area Representative

It might also be said that so many subjects have been covered very throughly.

There is no longer any need to argue debate the relative merit of K series vs Vauxhalls or of S3 vs SV, nor apparently any compulsion to do so (ad nauseam).

So we are more accepting of the variation between our cars and may be a little more reluctant to be dogmatic.

BTW: am I alone in being left unmoved by "Gulf colours" and anyway, why do Gulf colours on a car use a pale blue, when everywhere else it is dark blue?

Democratic dissent is not disloyalty, it is a positive civic duty.

"Dodges down to the shed and looks around furtively"

Well, as a newcomer on BC, I have no knowledge of how it used to be, and, ipso facto, no means of making a comparison.

For me it appears to be a fairly good natured (Cagey excluded, of course 😬) Forum of pretty knowledgeable and helpful people), and it greatly contributes to the enjoyment of my toy.

Is the general consensus of the older and more shriveled regulars here that the quality of the Forum has deteriorated?

Edited by - RoyH on 22 Dec 2008 12:21:28

it's the result of members only. The whole site is, sort of, "sterile". Musn't have debates anymore in case it upsets someone.

Oh for heavens sake get over it *rolleyes*.....BC like the Chassis has moved on and modernised and better for it!!......indeed for the last 2 years the site has produced a wealth of interesting content!!..with a lot of humility and a good few new wordsmiths and a good few younger members too (40ish) *tongue* the new members have evolved the site nicely .....i would hate to see this site return to the dark old days of unecassary purile name calling by long in the tooth old duffers or by the intellectual elite with agenda's that would put a broadmoor patient to shame *thumbdown*

*rolleyes*

C7 XSL Xtra Super Light 🥰 🥰

CATERHAM GALLERY

here

persomally letting cats in the shed was the final straw for me

I mean there was fur on that last Creme Egg that Fletch had secreted in some dank orrafice behind the camels hoof statue and the Flying Hedgehog tribute mobile

Leave no more than a footprint, take no more than a photo

Steven, I agree with about the name calling and hidden agendas etc.

However, some of us enjoy a good debate and it woukd appear that it's a thing of the past.

I will admit that the debates brought out the worst in some people but good management could have sorted that. You don't have to throw the baby out with the bathwater.

Norman Verona, 1989 BDR 220bhp, Reg: B16BDR, Mem No 2166, the full story here

You and your seven toThe French Blatting Company Limited

Oooops 😳 Sorry Norm, but that hair on the Creme Egg wasn't from the cat ... 😳

Has anyone seen my pet TARANCHOOLAH *confused* You can't mistake him, he's only got 7 legs ☹️ and a large bunch of keys attached to his collar & chain *tongue*

The cat got one of his legs, but she gave up the fight when Dangly Dan (for that's his name) put her in a half nelson & held her down for the required 3 count for the 2nd submission *wink*

*arrowright*Get a Mosaic Poster of YOUR car and help Nuke the Leuk here *arrowleft*

*arrowright*Pictures here *arrowleft*

Ahhhh, a new event

Its years since Delbert hosted the Isle of Man reunion concert

Animal Para-Olympics 😬

I'm currently training my one eyed Goldfish to do the Breast stroke but mummy says the fish must stay in the water *cool*

Looking for a boy like you

• 2 months later...
and Rossybee wandered over to Scottish sites before selling the Seven

Not much forum action full stop these days I'm afraid - other things have taken higher importance *smile*

Another 7 will grace my garage, but only when I have the sufficient spare time to put one to good use - i.e. when the kids are older and want to do their own thing at the weekends... *wavey*

Kiss me where the sun don't shine,

The past is yours but the future's mine...