Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Saturday 20/12 Yellow/black stripes A22 Caterham

Stationary M25 Traveller

StEVEN

It had something like 2340 miles on it when I took it down there on Saturday. I think anyone would be hard pressed to fault it. I've seen some rough looking cars with pretty low mileage which was a major factor in deciding to buy new - this is not one of those cars.

It's a factory built car that was assembled in Nov / Dec 2006 but not registered until Jan 2007 because they couldn't get a slot for SVA. It's the last factory built R300 and the only one built on a metric chassis which caused a few delays at the time as it must have been one of the earliest to use the new chassis. There was, apparently, also a single R300 SV on a metric chassis but that was sold as a kit.

I dealt with Dominic at CC South. If you're interested give him a call. It's pretty quiet down there at this time of year and they are open to a bit of haggling. Don't forget that they're also offering £500 of vouchers if you buy this month.

Duncan they sold it the day you dropped it in for £24.5k 😔...it sounded lovely and what i was looking for *rolleyes*

Duncan you should come on one of our Kent Blats....but only if you can keep up *tongue* 😬

Have fun

*wavey*

C7 XSL Xtra Super Light 🥰 🥰

CATERHAM GALLERY

here

Someone's got a good deal there I reckon. Before I went down there I did work out what it would cost new using the current price list and it came out at about 33k and that didn't include the very nice, but expensive, raceco silencer. Sorry you missed out. On the positive side if that's what it sold for it probably indicates that I got a pretty good deal on the R500 as I don't imagine that their margins are particularly small.

Keep meaning to go on one of the blats but I will certainly have to learn to drive the new car properly first - still pretty scary at the moment but then it was "mildly moist" on Saturday. Unless, of course, you can pick a road without any bends in it.

Regards

Duncan