Click here if you are having website access problems ×

sigma computers

aph

does anyone know if the 'cadence' function on the sigma bc1400 could be used as a revcounter? which would assume that it will read high enough revs and you could mount the magnet successfully.

I somehow doubt that a cadence function would go up to 9000 rpm - I can pedal at about 95rpm (120 for very short bursts) so I would expect they dont allow for them to go very high. Their website is here so you might find something there.

Its not like a speedo where its not impossible to get a pushbike up to 50-60 mph.

Nick

P8MRA - The greenid=green> one with redid=red> wings

well yes but the speedo goes up to 180mph and how often do you get that fast on a pedal bike? as for the website it seems a bit vague in terms of the cadence funce mearly stating it as an option. Might see if the support people know.

Thats right, but thats why I mentioned that 60mph on a bike isnt unheard of so it gives a useful bit of headroom.

However a car's rev limit is orders of magnitude higher than the maximum cadence figure a human could achieve (I'd say 150rpm is about as fast as anyone could go), which is why I'm doubtful. If you do find out let me know though, I'm intrested just out of curiosity

Nick

P8MRA - The greenid=green> one with redid=red> wings

been looking round the net and aparently the sensor for the sigma computers is only a reed switch so i'm guessing that it would be unfeasable to register engine rpm levels anyway.