Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1.9K Dave Andrews full race spec engine

Pendennis

On behalf of a race friend is this very very little used, (just refreshed) DVA 1900K series race prep engine. It has not gone back in any car as it was rebuilt by DVA last week.

New 1800 crank, new Farndon steel rods with ARP bolts, Scholar 1900EVO2 converted block with Pistal forged pistons running fully floating small ends. Oil galleries in oil pump and block fully oil flowed. Front oilway sleeved.

Fitted with Trophy 160 uprated big end bearings.

R500 lighweight steel flywheel and AP clutch.

Engine fully dynamically balanced by vibration free balancing

Cylinder head

MS2 casting fully ported with raised inlet port line, fitted with oversized REC 214N forged 32.5mm waisted stem inlet valves and oversized REC 214N forged 28.5mm exhaust valves. These are installed with Piper double springs and Piper steel caps. 2180 12.6mm lift inlet cam and 1444 12.2mm lift exhaust cam running on lightweight steel solid followers. Cams timed at 160/140 with Piper verniers. New Gates belt, tensioner and waterpump fitted.

Pace 3 stage dry sump system fitted, driven by auxiliary crank pulley and toothed belt, 2 stage scavenge and 1 pressure stage with integrated adjustable pressure relief valve.

45mm direct to head Jenvey=2 0throttle bodies matched carefully to the inlet port with 90mm trumpets and Saab multi pintle injectors, Emerald K3 management running in semi sequential mode.

Sale as above and includes ECU & loom, alternator & bracket, starter motor, TB's complete with fuel rail and filter. Options of 2 no. DS kits (Standard Caterham two stage or Pace three stage). All located in Essex.

Estimated 250BHP 175lb/ft

To be sold complete.

Option 1 with Caterham dry sump £5500.00

Option 2 with Pace 2 stage twin scavenge dry sump and engine mounts £6500.00

Anyone who is interested email me at durabang(at)sky(dot)com

18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset to let

Edited by - Pendennis on 18 Dec 2008 22:14:47

Edited by - Pendennis on 19 Dec 2008 19:31:53

• 2 weeks later...

Also, this comes with discharge twin coil pack, magnecor leads, iridium plugs, spare set Emerald M3D 3map ECU and software needed with manual and leads, 3 position switch for race map, fuel saver map or launch map. Also comes with wiring loom, bernard scouse air box, 90mm trumpets, air filter, Brise kidney shape DS tank, remote oil filter housing with take off's for extra sensors and a large oil cooler complete with ALL new aeroquip hoses to suit this application. Also engine mounts and a billet thrust bearing carrier. Virtually all parts new in 2008. So basically if you buy this kit it's straight in with no other expense *wink*

Want to rent an 18th century Farmhouse in Rural Somerset?

Edited by - Pendennis on 1 Jan 2009 12:26:35

James - you are right to question it - *eek* or *smokin*, that's a part of the hesitation - what would it be like for road use and more so what if SWMBO drives it, will it be too much??? Other things I need to work out is what's involved in swapping from my EU3 to EU2 (I assume this is) and will I still be able to get through the emissions test for MOT *confused*

But it is very tempting . . . 🥰