Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AVO or Gaz?

virden

• 2 months later...

You most definitely get what you pay for.

I use the Race Spec Ohlins 2 Way adjusters with remote reservoir. I recently had to have one repaired a little after an altercation I had with a tree 😔 Completely rebuilt damper with new cylinder and top casting, bearing/rose joint, adjust the valve shims and re valve the other front damper to match. Each one was tested on the dyno machine also.

Cost a very reasonable £230.00

Each damper is £600 + vat

Having seen the inside and assisted in the rebuilding (I wanted to know how it all worked) and listened intently as it was all explained and how other dampers work I know I spent my original upgrade money wisely. I could explain how it all works and the differences but it would take way to long and I was told I would be shot if I showed my Dyno graphs to a n other manufacturer 😳

Having said that Its not in every ones budget and would certainly not be my own now. They do a road/track one way damper for around £1k a set and I would certainly look at those.

You need to speak to Toby or Jules at Aurok UK and tell them I sent you *wavey*

Hi V.. there is an alternative strategy...

I had clearance issues with my live axle (crosflow). changed from 60 to 70 series tyres..

Ride height now fine (clears humps at work!) and ride much improved. You lose a little turn in sharpness (on Avons), but still handles brilliantly well, and much more progressive break away of rear end. It worked for me!

See pictures below for difference...

Regards Andy

Check out Hal... http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/dalongbloke