Click here if you are having website access problems ×

ASUS Eee PC 901

Caesar

As new, black, boxed, cover, Windows XP, no more than two days use. Selling as I have acquired something bigger (and more expensive) from work.

On Amazon here with reviews.

Amazon ask £273 with 'used' ones from £260.

How about £200 plus a tenner for postage?

CoSwoRth it!

Not for me but my cousin came over from OZ in the summer for a 4 week tour of Europe with one of these to keep in touch with home and to download digital photos etc and it is a fab piece of lightweight kit to travel around with.........but probably the latest SUPERWIZ phones do all of that????????? A nice Chrissy present for someone. Good Luck.

Well guys, they are absolutely cracking, apart from running Windows and I am a Mac fan ☹️

Anyway Eee PC slots nicely in between a convention Laptop and a PDA. It is compact enough to be easily carried in a briefcase, let large enough to have a decent keyboard and screen. They also have a Solid State hard drive which is quicker and more robust than a conventional hard drive.

I wanted one to keep in touch with the office (email & intranet) whilst out and about. They have Wifi, ethernet and bluetooth built in, and the Windows version can run a USB 3g stick (using this at the moment).

As you can see from the price they are very competitive!

Linux based ones are cheaper, and would have been my preferred option, however it is a cut down OS on the Eee PC and I couldn't get a 3g USB stuck to function consistently.

Anyway, as a halfway house between a proper laptop and PDA they are superb (forgot to mention battery life is IRRC around 7 hrs on a charge). Not had any problems yet with a flat battery.

Well worth a look guys

Tony

Edited by - alicat on 17 Dec 2008 19:46:54

Edited by - alicat on 17 Dec 2008 19:47:28

Edited by - alicat on 17 Dec 2008 19:48:22