Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Dedion - maybe free?

irrotational

Basically I'm copying Dave.

I have a 1997 Dedion which I took out of the car after getting more and more paranoid about the failures thread.

Visually it looks fine but I'd only really want to pass it on to someone who uses the "through the tube" mountings or is planning to strengthen the bottom mounts.

Some of the powder coat has come off on the buttress and I have POR'd it (earlier in the year when it was still under the car *rolleyes*)

So after all that I have no idea if it's worth anything 🤔 *confused*

Any thoughts/comments welcome please?

---

my mind is blank....

LesG

Having been through a buying the wrong tube scenario for an early chassis, 1990 in my case, check whether you need a narrow, or a wide buttress tube. I suspect that 1988 would require a narrow buttress tube, and not the later wide type. The wide buttress hits the chassis tubes at full droop.

Just trying to save you shipping a tube that may not fit.

Bob, thanks for your advice; I've already been through the buying wrong tube already; in that case I learned the difference between 'through the tube' and 'below the tube' mounts the hard way lol!

You're quite correct in my having a narrow buttress, however, cutting and shutting the two outer chassis tubes to allow the wider buttress to fit really won't cause me a problem to sort. I suspect I'd have to do it eventually anayway, as I'm sure the stock of narrow buttress tubes must be pretty low, and I believe Arch only do limited production runs (requiring bulk orders).

And anyway, who can resist a freebie lol?

Cheers, Les.