Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Any rule changes for '09?

Alan Bowler

I am considering sprinting but as a newcomer I am having difficulty in interpreting the regulations for next year. In the blue book it states that I need a rollbar/cage as specified in Cc 31-35 or 36 as appropriate. My caterham has a 1600cc engine (i.e. less than 2000cc) so rule Cc31 states that I need a roll bar as in diagrams 1 or 2. This applies to production and modified classes equally so why are clubs introducing a rule that states that you need a rollcage if you run 1b tyres and are therefore in a modified class even when you have less than 2000cc?

In 2009 you can compete in any class with an FIA roll bar and strut. The petty strut must be used.

For 2010 the MSA have put some changes in the reg and i beleave the club is currently awaiting clarification on the regs for 2010.

David

Edited by - David Nelson on 17 Dec 2008 06:41:30

• 2 weeks later...

Does the rules state that the CAT must be fitted in the exhaust path or can I cable tie it to my roll bar as a protest *confused*

Also as CATs only work at the right temperature and correct fuel / air ratio does that mean that the scruiteneers will be checking these as well... 😔