Click here if you are having website access problems ×

'fixed' tillet seat runners (box section ally tube thing)

naddy

Does anybody happen to know what sort of threaded holes these have to fasten the bolts that go through the floor?

are they rivnuts or somthing else? I've stripped the thread on one of them *mad* so a rivnut i assume could be replaced rather than getting another bar...

Had the same problem of stripping threads on my passenger seat - resolved by running bolt down through the remains on the insert and then passed the thread of the bolt through the floor and secured with conventional nylock under the floor. Has held good all season and also makes for quicker removal of the seat.

www.geoffwilcoxphotography.co.uk

Dammit, dammit, dammit.

I wish this thread was posted last week. I might have been more careful last night if I'd already read this.

I think I've managed to destroy one of my threads too, but I gave up and won't know for sure until I get the seat out again and have a proper look at the thread. If it's not too bad to get bolts going downwards (a la Geoff) I might try that ...

Jez

• Area Representative

Nick

I have LADS (it's Martins really) rivnut gun and rivnuts. I can bring to LADS meet on Wednesday.

Paul Richards

Area Representative - L.A.D.S. (Lancashire and District Sevens)

LADS Website

Growing old is compulsory - Growing up is optional