Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Winter upgrades...

Shaun_E

• Support Team

I spent today taking the car to pieces again - engine, gearbox and diff are now out. The gearbox is going to Road and Race for a refresh and some stronger internals where needed. The diff will also be going there for some new internals - a 3.9 crown wheel and pinion...oh and a Titan LSD 😬. Propshaft will be sent for a refurb a well.

My new Image billet ali wheels arrived on Monday and they are now shod in a fresh set of Kumho rubber. Just waiting for the new wider front wings to arrive to complete the set-up.

I have a few bits to order from Caterham like a new upper steering column and quick release (to get rid of the play in the steering which has annoyed me for ages), a new CRB (the old one fell apart as i took it out *eek*) and some other bits and pieces.

Idiot award goes to the person who tried to remove engine and gearbox without having removed the gear lever first *redface*. Looks like the tunnel top will need some TLC and the reversing light switch might need new connections *cry*.

See you all tomorrow.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Edited by - Shaun_E on 29 Nov 2008 18:51:57

• Support Team

I have spoken to Adrian about ally carrier so that looks like a good solution. Cooker cable will get replaced with proper stuff and wiring routed out of harms way but I don't think I will be replacing the loom completely this year.

Shiny new RiF wings arrived this morning 🥰

I'm off to drop my gearbox and diff to Phil on Wednesday.

Yellow SL *cool* #32 - member of Drowned Rat Racing

Black is the new Black then Shaun.

Reminded me of my Grandmother thirty years ago spending all afternoon scouring the Teflon coating off my mothers new saucepan. She then tried to give Mum a hard time over the state of said saucepan. *eek*

She died some years ago but would have had those rims looking shiny for you. 😬

Adrian