Click here if you are having website access problems ×

repressed memory shocker - don't read this if you are squeamish about medical things!!!!

The Village Idiot

So there I am watching a DVD last night with the missus, film called Awake, so so film but nice just to switch off for a while.

I chose the film and knew that it was about a guy who wakes up on the operating table but can't speak ('cos they paralise your muscles as well as the anaesthetics).

So far so good, they come to the point in the film when the scapel is going in and you can hear the guys 'thoughts' as he is being cut open - he's really panicing and screaming but obviously just in his mind so he can't tell anyone that he can feel everything going on.

I start feeling a bit sh1t now and remeber in graphic detail over 20 years ago when, I was on an operating table, woke up but couldn't move/talk, only I woke up as a 4 inch screw was being screwed into my collar bone - the pain just exploding all over me.

I had totally moved on from it knew it had happened and carried on, I was really shocked at how I felt watching the daft film, felt a bit sick, all day my shoulder has felt tingly as I relive it 😔 It's quite amazing how the brain can shut things out.

Thanks for the exorcism,

Dicks

edited for speeling *wink* 😬

😬

Edited by - Richard @ Summit on 20 Nov 2008 18:48:57

🙅🏻‍♂️ SENSIBLE MODE ALERT 🙅🏻‍♂️

The brain really is a wondrous thing - but the trouble with deep memories being 'held' in the pending tray of the filing cabinet, means that when something such as the film triggers those memories, we then have to deal with them in real time. Dreams are really the brain's way of doing the filing. If your serotonin levels are on the low side, it could be quite a long process, and you'll experience lots of weird night-time mental activities *eek*

Sweet dreams *tongue*

FH *cool*

Now this is weird, I know I dream, have memories that I was dreaming but NEVER know what about. Again my brain has shut the dreaming down, as a kid I had a recurrent dream where I could hear a leopard padding up the stairs (I was bricking it already at this stage) it would push my door open, leap onto the bed, I would fight it roll out of bed fighting it and it's back legs/claws would rip me open - it's at this stage I would wake up on the floor 😔

Since then I don't remember dreams *rolleyes*

I am sure in my dreams Natasha Kinski must have been friendly to me but I have never remembered the enjoyment 😔 *eek*

Dicks

😬

I knew a smart arse would be along - another recurring dream at the time - I then turned into an eagle and flew away - I thought that was too much for upstairs, I think I had an animal thing going on when I was younger ???

Dicks

😬

(ps this is just a cathartic thing for me I was suprised how I reacted the other night - after all it was years and years ago - the best bit about it all though was the pain relieving drugs - legalised junkie for a few days - jsut didn't know what was up or down )

You're welcome PP, you do know why the surgeons wear those white wellies - it's all the blood sloshing around on the floor *eek*

And another top tip - if you are hooked up to a drip don't walk around carrying the drip bag with you. I did that and found out why it's put on a stand higher than you. It's gravity fed so if you lift the bag down you start bleeding into the bag instead of the drip feeding into you 😔

If they offer you drugs say yes please - I tried to impress the pretty nurses by how 'hard' I was by refusing the drugs for a while 😔 ended up crying like a baby begging for drugs *cry*

Dicks

😬