Click here if you are having website access problems ×

S type seat failure

Robster

Great trip back from La Sarthe..but the drivers seat feels a bit spongy! Looking at the back of it (cloth s type 3.5 years old) the plastic backing has fractured along the line of the seat frame along the whole vertical length of the seat. Has this happened to anyone else...and how can I fix it without having to but a new seat?

Thanks in advance!

Robin

The seat design isn't great. I patched mine up with some left over strapping from a ratchet strap. I just wrapped it around the two tubes and used a small nut and bolt to hold it together. So far so good.

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

www.slipstream-trackdays.co.uk

_________

/ __ __ /

___ _//__T/__/_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ /o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) // /

/___/--_________/--/___/

One of our seats is like this,(split plastic) but as it is usually up against teh bulkhead, it does not seem to matter. The tubular frame split just infront of the rear mounting bolts, after too much levering to stash camping gear behind it on French trips I suspect, but I welded it up again fine.

teeth.gif20,000 miles in less than a year! cool.gifthumbsup.gif

I had exactly the same problem, used a sheet of flexible plastic (5mm thick) cut to shape of seat back and drilled holes around the outside to attach with ty wraps. Has worked really well only cost a few pounds. At the same time I realigned all the seat frame covering (pipe lagging) the seat is now as good as new and pretty comfy.

I will try and get the proper name of the material used to fix the seat back.