Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Ital axle, LSD

simonray

Is it a complete axle or just the diff?, by the hub bearing do you mean the wheel bearing or will it need stripping down. I have a nicely whining diff at the moment in my car and was looking to get a new diff. I was idealy looking for 4.1 but you never know!

It's the complete axle as I'm changing to a Ford unit. The bearing in question is the one at the outer end of the half-shaft, so just requires the removal of the half-shaft to renew it. I haven't done it myself, but I'm told it's not a big job. FWIW, I've had 3.64, 3.89 and 4.11 final drive ratios in this car and find 3.89 the best compromise between straightline speed and acceleration - unless your car is a dedicated sprint/hillclimb car.

Im interested where do you live?

Perhaps you can give me a buzz on my mobile which 07980 650 557 and we can natter over the price. etc.

I've just had new bearings/half shafts in my current axle so I may bodge the two together. By the way I'm probably going to a spherical jointed A frame and am reliably informed that if the diff whines at all I'll probaly go deaf so is it a quiet unit in terms of whine/rumble etc?

Graham