Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Helper springs

Tin Man

• Area Representative

Do I fit them to the top or bottom of the springs? Will cable ties be ok for joining them? Will 25lb

2 1/4" dia 2" extended 3/16" closed be ok to use with 250lb green race springs supplied by Caterham?

Thank you.

If they're like the DT red items (flattish and realy squashy) fit them to the bottom i.e. between the lower end of the spring and the adjustable platform. Easy peasy, and it should take no more than 30min. No need to tie them together - the flat of the helper spring should locate the lower, flat, surface of the suspension spring. DT offer some plastic connectors, but they ain't, IMHO, required.

Fit them at the damper body end (spring platform end) - then they can't go anywhere. I use the aluminium joiners from Demon Tweeks and these needed modifying by filing down the flange at one end. I use the 2.25in dia 40lb/in 2 inch extended ones, but the spring rate is *really* unimportant. Do not use tywraps because I cannot see there is anywhere you can attach them which means they won't get pinched and put stress concentrations into the springs.

Peterid=teal>

253 BHP K-seriesteeth.gif, no gearboxbum.gifid=red>