Click here if you are having website access problems ×

2009 dates and venues

L7 FST

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Geoff,

Is it only going to be the four next year?

I thought Rockingham may have turned a profit this year?

Have 'the management' thought about incentives for booking early and penalties for booking late?

For example 10% off if you book all four track days up front?

Penalty of 10% rising to 15% for booking less than four weeks before?

Despite not managing to get through more than half a day before having a few problems at the last two this year I would be up for booking all four up front.

Maybe I should post these thoughts on Chitchat then run for cover?

Tony

L7 EVL *evil*

No this is something I have been thinking about, If people want to book up for all 4 up front then I may be able to offer a discount but I need to get the new hire rates from the circuits for next year before I decide anything.

As soon as I get dates confirmed etc then I will email this years entrants with proposals etc.

Geoff *smile*

• 3 weeks later...
We did exclusive club track days run for us by Bookatrack at Spa in 2006 and again in 2007 when there was supposedly enough support from members to repeat the day which unfortunately never materialised so I'm reluctant to repeat the experience again until demand dictates otherwise.

One for Spa *thumbup* ... maybe in 2010 *confused*

Btw, have you ever considered Zolder ... former F1-circuit in Belgium and I guess lots cheaper then Spa to rent ... *wink*

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

Edited by - Slider@7 on 11 Dec 2008 12:33:05

Major noise issues at Zolder unfortunately :(

We've been offered some November dates at Spa which, whilst being far from ideal in terms of timing, would give the club an opportunity for a low(er) risk exclusive day there :-)

Edited to add - 2 weekend dates as well 14/15 November 2009.

Jonny

BaT

Edited by - jonny5 on 11 Dec 2008 12:48:12

Major noise issues at Zolder unfortunately :(

We've been offered some November dates at Spa which, whilst being far from ideal in terms of timing, would give the club an opportunity for a low(er) risk exclusive day there :-)

I think the limit on a normal track day is 96 db ... but there are a few days / month that the circuit is allowed higher noise levels *wink*

Spa in November is indeed far from ideal ... this year for example; you already could ski in the region around the end of November *eek*

Btw, I see that BaT also is doing Spa in July ... as a 2 days events : any chance to only book 1 day ???

“Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away” Antoine de Saint Exupery

• 2 weeks later...

Paul,

Why are these trackdays so far removed from the London area circuits? Is it down to cost of circuit hire?

I've decided to start tracking my car next year.

Would much prefer to do this through the club, but the distance to the allotted circuits is a bit probitive with an aeroscreened car and no trailer.

Are there other alternatives you can suggest on circuits closer to London?

Guess I could always approach Bookatrack, but dont relish the idea of sharing a cicuit with a bunch of nutters in Scoobys and Gti's.

Roy,

I was thinking of doing the Taffies day at the end of March, I have a trailer, but could be persuaded to drive all the way there in convoy *eek*

What you really really need though is a minno trailer, what's your every day car?, could it tow? a second hand minno is not alot at all (less than the slippy diff you will be putting in the car straight after your first track day *wink*)

I was going to get a decibel meter, and then if under 98db (we both should be - but I noticed you were much noisier than me yesterday - its the extra nags you have nagging away) go upto bedford.

Bedford is one of the safest/easiest places to start IMO, there is so much run off its untrue, and being an airfield it is flat so no cambers to catch the unawares. I haven't been there for 4 years so should go back and it is only an hour and a bit away from us.

Richard

Other than Brands Hatch (very expensive to hire), Goodwood (noise restrictions) & Snetterton (not too interesting in our cars) all the good circuits are a long way from London.

I wouldn't worry about doing a Bookatrack day as their days are very well run and normally there are a lot of sevens present.

This site never fails to pleasantly surprise me.

Prior to my post I had noticed that last post was 17th Dec and was half expecting my contribution to echo unheeded for a few days.

Dicks, shortly after posting I got thinking about trailers and checked out a thread on them. this seemed quite good. Pulling power isnt a problem; one of my tin tops is a Honda CRV.

I need to take it one step at a time. Never driven the beastie on a track so need to check this out first before I lash out on a trailer. But I suspect I will love it. I find road driving frustrating, too many slow bits and not enough fast bits.

Am actively looking for a reasonably priced lsd; if anyone knows of a fairly recent 3.62 lsd at a reasonable price, I'm interested.

Bedford, yes, defo would like to try, ditto Rockingham.

The Taffia thing in March is a temptation, but a long drive tho .....

The noise might be an issue on track days; main reason its louder than yours is because shortly after I bought the car I chucked the cat away !! Havent a clue what dbs its running.

Allen, thanks for the advice on the Bookatrack days. I'm well and truly hooked on the car; if I start getting hooked on track days, God help me!!

Edited by - RoyH on 28 Dec 2008 20:21:55

Guess I could always approach Bookatrack, but dont relish the idea of sharing a cicuit with a bunch of nutters in Scoobys and Gti's.

As Allen has already pointed out - that's not our core market by any stretch of the imagination. We have a large following of seveners - helped no doubt by the presence of our own fleet of Caterhams on all our days. The japanese turbo nutter barges tend to go elsewhere on the whole, as do the sheds and bangers. We are one of the few organisers who stipulate cars should be MOT'd for that reason. Anyone with anything suspect will go with one of the less fussy companies.

Jonny

BaT

Jonny,

I'm very new to tracking, so new I havent tried it before. It's very good to know that Bookatrack are represented here and that they dont attract the type of nutter who is going to drive into the back of my expensive toy.

I have absolutely nothing inherently against Scoobys or GTI's. But I have a lot against irresposible drivers, as I'm sure we all have ......

Hey Dicks, can you stack two Caterhams on your trailer

Its a single decker, and not quite long enough for two 7's end on 😔 (I have thought about it)

Why don't you hire a trailer for the weekend from GT Towing at Welham Green/North Mymms, the track day at Llandow is cheap as chips, only club 7's there so will be very relaxed/enjoyable and you will get the car noise tested.

I am waiting just to see how January goes on the sales side (and driving *wink*) and then will probably book Llandow as my birthday present.

Once you have done one track day you will do more, so just put a tow bar on the Honda (again GT will do this) then get yourself a trailer.

Dicks

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...