Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Two 1.8m dia Satellite Dishes

Ian B

I have two of these dishes, but will sell separately if required.

These are LARGE at 1.8 metres diameter, solid spun aluminium satellite dishes powdercoated white. (these are what you needed to pick up Satellite TV channels in the UK in the 1980's, before SKY!).

The surface has no significant dents and they are true, so could be used to receive satellite signals today, with the addition of a Feed and LNB.

Ideal for Satellite enthusiasts wanting to pick up weak or edge of footprint satellites.

Alternatively, I thought they might be of interest to a Contemporary Sculptor to make into an installation piece; or could be used as a very large lampshade; a roof to a gazebo; an eye catching advertising sign; the uses are endless!!

Each dish comes with 3 feed support arms but NO feed. A couple of the holes in the dish where the feed support arms bolt through have 'torn' slightly, but a large washer would cure any that can't be reshaped sufficiently.

The dishes have been stored outside for some years and so will need a very good clean; but no rust, as they are all aluminium *rolleyes*. The support rings on the back are also aluminium, and the inner one has three threaded inserts for mounting.

Each dish comes with an adjustable ground stand made from heavy duty galvanised angle steel. Unfortunately most of the bolts for the ground stand have disappeared, but they are only about M12 size.

There is also one Polarmount with locking arm to allow it to be set up to track the Clarke belt (no not Chris Clark!). It would be relatively easy to motorise this (the polarmount, not Chris Clark ) with a suitable motorised actuator jack (not included). Some additional brackets/metal bars will be needed to fix this to a dish, and it will require a large diameter 4"-6" vertical pole to mount the polarmount onto.

There may be a few bolts missing for the feed arms, I'm not sure, but they're easy enough to source elsewhere if you find some missing.

BECAUSE OF THE SIZE THESE MUST BE COLLECTED (you 'can' get one on the roof rack of an estate car, but I wouldn't recommend it - a van or pick-up would be better!). Location is near Maidstone, Kent.

£75 per dish in cash, on collection, please; plus £15 for the polarmount.

Ian - Slightly Vider SVelte model 😬