Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Acewell Instrument Display - Digital Dash/Speedo - Anyone Interested?

Manxseven

Guys,

I've copied these posts below from another thread.

Are you will see there are 3 of us interested in these items and am posting up to see if;

a) Anyone is currently using one?

b) Anyone else interested?

Just trying to gauge interested at this moment in-case a discount may be available?

Link here

Thanks,

Simon

*************************************************************************************************

Trevor A

I have been looking around at various alternative digital dash/speedos. The vapor is one I have looked at but I am tending towards an Acewell, they basically do two sorts with variations. I personally like the look of the 75mm dia round unit which includes a digital speed reading, LCD rev counter and fuel guage along with tachco read outs. It also has up to six warning lights all for around £170. Apart from the chrome bezel it looks pretty good. Prehaps not in the DigiDash or Stack league but I think a modest alternative to simplifing a new dash board.

Anybody tried or looked at these?

Trevor

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been looking at the acewell too, love to hear from someone who's fitted and used one.

allen

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cheers for that Trevor, they look good

Maybe 3 us interested then .. mini bulk buy?

Simon

Allen/Simon

I wasnt going to get mine till the new year but if you are both interested and looking for one shortly I will make some enquires about discounts for multiples.

Anyone else interested?

Trevor

Good idea - on the other hand you could buy one and be the guineapig and let us know if they're any good

Regards,

Allen

Trevor

I'm in no hurry, so new year or now fine by me.

Do you think it's worth starting a new thread to capture all interest

Simon

Yes

Are you volunteering as I cant do a Linky thing

Under "For sale" or "chit chat" ?

Trevor

I'll post something up over the weekend

-----

Caterham BEC here

Edited by - manxseven on 8 Nov 2008 22:26:30

• 2 weeks later...

Yup, just the three of us - shame 'cos it looks like a usefull piece of kit.

Web site mentions a special offer of including the water temp sensor that is inserted into a water pipe, free if ordered at time of purchase.

allen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

No yet - got to get on and build the 7 😳

I've got a garage full of parts incl a Chassis with Ford axle fitted.

I think Trevor maybe fitting his soon.

The 2853 model is the 80mm round unit.

I can dig out the instructions and fax to you if you want me to, if that is any help 🤔

Cheers,

Simon

Caterham BEC here

Hi Chris/Simon

Too many other things on the go at the moment so havent gotten round to sorting out the Acewell/dash.

I dont know how either of you want your dash to look but I am aiming for the minimum number of instruments/switches.Hence the Acewell, with out going over the top with somthing like a Stack( that would give me far more than I need), I felt the Acewell gave a good balance of features/price.Time will tell when its fitted and running.

Trevor *cool*

PINK and Proud and LOUD

• 9 months later...