Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Diff support kit from MOG.

Mickrick

Tony thats because of the A frame and de dion rubber bushes and tyre sidewalls moving under cornering load.

the diff is fixed on the chassis and the driveshafts are sprung so they have nothing to do with the tyres rubbing.

The diff moves as a result of shock loads from transmission and kerb hopping etc and torque wind and twist.

Joachim,

Sorry to hijack the thread!

I see you have a eibach ERS springs - I have these on my car and the rear feels very strange and a bit unsettled. The rear grip does not feel good, which as you know, is not usually a problem with the Vx cars! Do you have experience of asetting up the ERS springs. I think my main spring is too firm, causing the tender spring to go coilbound too easily.

Thanks

Alex

-----

VDU 7X Pics

More VDU 7X Pics

Bob, thank you *thumbup*

Interesting. That's at last answered my post/question. *smile*

For some reason, (I don't know why? *confused*) I thought the diff bracing was to stop the torque reaction from the diff, driving the driveshafts, from lifting the nose of the diff. and not the torque reaction of the propshaft twisting the diff.

Shurely then, it would be better to mount one brace one at the top of the diff, and the other one at the bottom?

I guess no club discount then? *wink* But someone had to be cheeky and ask eh?

Mick, you were right in what you thought. The drive torque reaction tends to lift the nose of the diff.

Joachim, for the after-fit market, your bolt on solution is a good idea without brazing. In theory a straight link in the direction of the force is more efficient, but I agree yours will also distribute reaction loads to the chassis.

cheers

Peter

6SpeedManual *smokin*

*tongue*There's no such thing as too much BHP per Ton 😬

Oh my goodness, so difficult theories in a foreign language. But it trains my English – maybe. *thumbup*

My theory is triangles, triangles, triangles…: *idea*

I hope I can explain clear. The rotation power from the propshaft (sequential gearboxes, wheel spin if you hit curbs and brake wheel when touching the road surface again) is processed directly at the 4 front mounting points and twists the diff around the propshaft axle.

Mickrick is also right in saying that the force from the driveshafts (using slicks and curbing) also twists the diff around the driveshaft axle. For this force a vertical support bracket is better. But a vertical bracket can absorbe the force only in one direction. Push and pull forces are generated.

But we support under a approximate 45° angle which is strong enough and can all the time absorb push and pull forces simultaniously. *smokin*

Also because of the metalastic bushes the diff moves as well. To cancel the forces and divert them to a more solid section my solution is the most efficient. With that statement I do not mean that the CC solution is not good enough. Normally the diff mounts are strong enough. Only by extreme load and stress the mounts will break. And this additional force can also be absorbed by the CC solution.

You don’t feel any vibrations.

But my solution is clearer, more logical, looks more sexy. And if you install my solution, I trust: The best girls in world will have sex with you. 🥰

If more than 10 people are interested in a kit, we can calc a better price.

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

Joachim, after sleeping on it, I think they are acually a very good solution, considering these things are always a compromise.

However, I'm not too sure about the worlds sexiest girls *confused* I think I have enough trouble with one woman, without looking for more trouble!

So if anyone else is interested in buying some supports, they can have the sexy girl which would have come with mine. *tongue*

So, do we have a BB? 9 more needed. I'd be happy to lose the 19% TVA,(being export *wink*) *tongue*

Joachim, my kit dropped through the letterbox around lunch time today.

No instructions, no sexy girls and they weren't gold plated...

Now the real question, why is one longer than the other?

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine

@ John, as Ray said: The diff housing is asymetric. The left is shorter. Fitting instructions follows per email. Please send me your email address.

@Paul I think 1995 chassis top shock bolt is bolted facing forwards. For that we need a addititoal angel iron which we bolt with longer harness bolts. (please see the last picture in my shop)

Regards

Joachim

www.mog-racing.com

Accepted - silly me! That is the trouble looking at bits whilst in the office, rather than in the Pitlane.

What the pictures, posted, do not show, it that the long bolt running through the top is stepped. Thus it tightens to secure the top of the damper but has a projection that comes out the other side of that threaded part of the frame to take the MOG rods.

It is really a tidy solution to adding support to the dif mount.

Once I get them fitted, I will post up a series of pictures - anyone interested, please send me your e-mail address via my profile above.

JH

Deliveries by Saffron, *thumbup* the yellow 230bhp Sausage delivery machine