Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New front tyres to replace AO48's?

AMMO

Dave J, which compound 888s were you using? The SG (soft) compound will fall apart on a track day however the 2G should be ok. SGs are great for sprints and hill climbs and are becoming (one of) the tyres of choice for these short-run events. However see my other thread re possible MSA intentions re List 1b tyres. Personally I much prefer the 888s over 048s as the sidewall has more flex.

Ammo, as a matter of interest, how much did you have to lift the rack to dial out the bump steer? Did you get it to nearly zero?

Well I've ordered a couple of 888's in medium compound for the rears, which I'll get fitted on Monday. So we'll see how I get on with those!

Still a bit worried about mixing them with the 48's on the front though. Although I don't think they'll last very long, and I'll need to get some new fronts.

Nigel.

You may be right about the rear sidewall being the problem. That's why I'm thinking of mounting the tyres on 7" rims at the rear.
I was lambasted a few months back when discussing this subject and suggesting that greater than 7" was too wide for a 205 032.

Go for it Ammo, I think you'll appreciate the difference *thumbup*

Keep off the straight and narrow *tongue* 😬