Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Polished 711M Con rods..exchange for standard set?

dikko

• Area Representative
I have a set that are perfect except they have been polished and for my purpose I can't run them (Formula Ford regs). Anyone either got some standard ones for sale or will swop for a better set? 01920 871153

• Area Representative
Sorry..re-read my message and should read 'AND' will swop for a better set. Thanks anyway but have to have standard rods. Hope you have a nice re-build...!

• Area Representative
Andy, you are a luvly lad. ...BUT ....false alarm! I've just had them checked by a scrutineer and they are OK to fit...sorry I've wasted your time but the regs were a little vague, they said no polishing but these were lanished ie you couldn't see your face in them which made them OK....(?) Will be up 'n running next season, yo!

• Area Representative
Thanks to to Bricol. Anyone with a 711M block to give away? My mate has blown his and has bought THREE on ebay and they are all US, poor lad.

Sorry - I did remember to check just forgot to post - and I only had three . . .

I do have a couple of spare 711 blocks - but both have a gearbox lug bust off.

They were two of my ebay three - the third was cracked between bores which I only found as it went off for boring. Ended up managing to recover a block that had suffered a valve head banging up and down before escaping to the sump via the piston crown - or rather, the hole where there used to be a piston crown - which also somewhat dinged the 4th rod - hence the three spare. . . . One of the two instances when my co-driving mate borrowed the car and mentioned in passing that it had "knocked a bit" before stopping . . .

Bri

Bri