Click here if you are having website access problems ×

1990 Crossflow

Vole Sunset

My 1990 Crosssflow 1700 is up for sale - purely to fund my daughter's cello habit. ☹️ I have owned the machine for nearly ten years. The pistonheads advert is here

It is a 4 speed, live axle, long cockpit on 4 spoke revolution alloys. It is british racing green, yellow nosecone, flared wings. I long since sold the windscreen and weather equipment. It has never had a heater.

Brooklands aeroscreens

FIA Bar

4.2.1 Side exit exhaust

4 X Yokohama 888s (about 3000 miles old - plenty of tread). I have the 5th (spare) and rack in my shed.

Removeable suede momo steering wheel (new this year - no play in it).

Soft Bits for Sevens Tonneau cover (fitted this year by the Seven Workshop)

Outdoor cover (4 months old)

Overall

The engine is great - no smoke or other nasties. It was rebuilt at 15000 miles (previous owner) and has now done 30,000. It fires up first time - the battery is regularly recharged, and the electrics are perfect. I change the oil every 3,000 miles, but very rarely take it over 4.5rpm.

Most oily stuff is looked after by nearby Ratrace, who fitted Spax adjustibles at the front some 3 years ago. I have never taken it on a track day (more's the pity) because my other hobby is racing a sailing boat and I haven't had the time or money to do both. The chassis, as with many crossflows of this era, is in great nick. I waxoil it, and keep a beady eye on any flaking powdercoat. I have greased its trunnions every 500 miles, and changed it A frame bushes when required. Its MOT is due in April 09. It is temporarily SORN, as work and other commitments prevented me from using it this October. I have also protected the driver and passenger footwells, and the alternator and started motor with heatshield - brilliant stuff for hot weather.

All in all, a sorted, cheap, quick, light and honest car that shouldn't depreciate. It is nearly 20 years old, so the rear wings have plenty of stone chips, and there is plenty of evidence of what classic car dealers euphemise as "patina"! I'm a compulsive polisher, so it looks great despite this.

If you are interested, please blatmail me and I can email you hi-res pictures.

£7.5k, based in High Barnet.

Edited by - vole sunset on 13 Oct 2008 16:40:02

Edited by - vole sunset on 16 Oct 2008 09:52:26

Edited by - vole sunset on 16 Oct 2008 09:53:06