Click here if you are having website access problems ×

From the front line....

FlymoFraser

Was only able to do Saturday at Anglesy but what a day.

Started wet and , how can I put it "interesting" in the morning and I managed to make a late spurt for the golden trowel by going off twice in one run *eek*

Dried out in the afternoon and times tumbled, helped by the 2 practice and 5 timed runs (could be wrong on that, I'm not used to counting above 3 on speed events).

Couple of offs but nobody hurt , yet another demo of the club members pulling together when Mike and Tam's cars rear wheel bearing failed, that sort of repair would take me 3 weeks, it took the combined skills of the club 3 hours including a shopping trip.

As for the championship, I haven't got the full picture but I believe class 1 and 2 are still undecided, certainly in class 1, a titanic battle resulted in Jon winning by more than half a second which keeps him in with a chance of glory today if he can repeat it , however different circuit and Malcolm isn't going to give up without a fight. Just wish I was there to watch.

Finally, respect 😶‍🌫️to Richard O who took 3rd place with a cracking final run.

I'm sure somone with a better grip on the full facts will be along tonight to fill in the gaps

R287 Mobile Jaffa Cake- It's black at both ends with a smashing orangey bit in the middle here

Done *thumbup*

Would have been good to have stayed the three days, but I didn’t feel comfortable leaving Jayne for that long on her own getting bored…

With an Internet connection …

And a credit card …

And an on-line House of Fraser sale *eek* *eek*

Now we know a decent place to stay, I may well bring Jayne along with me next year if the Anglesey track is used for the speed championship.

Steve - Orange and Black ex Academy - now looking at things from a slightly different perspective.