Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Crossflow Clearout

Sam Monoogian

I'm in the process of upgrading to Zetec power and so have the following for sale (or will do shortly):

Complete rear exit 4-2-1 exhaust including rear strap.

Also have a side-exit silencer from a 4-1 system and an adaptor piece to connect it to the 4-2-1 collector. £75 for the lot or will negotiate them split.

"Super 7 Sprint" rocker cover £25 SOLD to Dee Pee

Megajolt V3 electronic ignition system. £70 ono SOLD to Les G

Megajolt V2 electronic system. Has V2 megajolt, EDIS, coil and crank sensor. No connectors with it and not run for the last 2 years so unsure of working condition. £25 SOLD to Dave Morris

Set of radiator hoses, 1 year old, still pliable and perfectly usable - £5 SOLD to Richard K

Micro Dynamics Electronic Power Coil and Lucas distributor (41900 B 48D4). Needs distributor cap but freely rotates and helical drive gear is in good condition. The MD EPC needs a bit of resoldering as well to tidy it up. £30

Lucas Sport Coil & unknown brand of dizzy (part number 0231170804 71BB12100BGA) with dizzy clamp. This came with a 1700 engine I bought a couple of years ago but I've always had a Megajolt on the car so no idea of working order. £25

The above dizzy's have been paired as I've received them but happy to split/mix and match as required.

Also have a dizzy from the CVH (I think) engine with the electronic module on the side. Again don't know the brand but suspect Bosch (in which case so is the one above with same style markings). Part number for this one is 0 237 601 011 86BF12100FA and 1 227 022 018 on the electronic module. £15.

Set of Crossflow engine mounts - £20

Edited to add crossflow engine mounts.

Edited by - Sam Monoogian on 21 Oct 2008 19:05:09

That'll teach me for deciding to chat to SWMBO before going for the V3.

Second dibs please, in the unlikely event that Les backs out. *smile*

For £25 though I'll go for the V2 if that's O.K. (not that I know anything about megajolts yet)

Dave.

Edited by - DaveMorris on 7 Oct 2008 20:18:37

Interested in the adaptor piece; I've got a 4-2-1 installed and a spare side exit silencer. What dimenson is the adaptor and diameters? May take the lot if the headers are in good shape (especially the metal between 2 and 3 where the std Caterham gasket doesn't cover).

Thanks for all the emails. I'll confirm postage costs for all items over/just after the weekend.

Alex,the headers are in good condition with no sign of any issue between 2 and 3. And yes, the adaptor fits my side exit silencer. It's not a work of art but isn't completely hideous either. Whereabouts are you based? If relatively close you're welcome to come have a look.

If Alex is not on the market for the parts then I may take them off your hands, I am looking for a 4-1 side exit system to replace the once that got slightly mangled by the lampost that jumped out at me.

What size is the outlet of the collector?

I am up in Fife, not a million miles from Alex...

Alex,

Sorry to hear about the Icelandic bank. Drop me a line when you have time, would be good to catch up, I need your experience on lifting an engine out.

Jon