Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen...how easy is it..?

AndyPandy

I've got a heated screen in my se7en but I miss being hit in the face by flies so I want to fit an aeroscreen.How easy is it..?

Do I just take off the windscreen and bolt on an aeroscreen or is it more complicated than that..?Also,when are caterham bringing out this convertible screen or is it just a myth..?

Sorry if this is a thicko question confused.gif

teeth.gif Superlight 143 teeth.gif

Well Andy, I am in a good position to answer your question, as have just finished (hands are still dirty) this conversion. Not sure what your skill level is, but I am an utter spannerphobic, and with a little help from the father in-law it was an fairly easy job. We made life difficult for ourselves by fitting a central mirror that requires bolting through the scuttle, which in itself is easy, but human fingers are not made for fitting up behind the dash. At least mine don't !

Taking the windscreen off is not hard, biggest problem is getting to the back of the bolts, which required me drilling out some rivets. Depends on your car as to ease of access. New stanchion requires drilling/countersinking the fit the brooklands screens, quite easy. Then need to fit mirrors. The SPA type ones can be fitted just like the screen by countersinking bolts from below. The Racetech ones need to go through the stancion and scuttle and are bolted from below. Old bicycle inner tube was glued to the underside to give some protection.

And the result ! Proper bugs in the teeth motoring. Am now very much a fan.

I rang the parts department last week

they say mid July before orders being taken

not sure of details

not sure of delivery

not sure of price

they are aware of a lot of interest!

initial supplies to new car

the not so light Superlight